Learning Blade STEM at Home
Learning Blade is offering these free home-based lessons for students and parents that may be working at home.
First, start by discussing the "Table Talk Starter Question" on the first page.
Next, research and discuss the careers and technologies on the second page.
Finally, you can try the home experiments on the third page.
If requested, sign and return the signature sheet to your teacher.
Download these sheets below.
- Dolphin Rescue
- Car Manufacturing
- Fresh Food Supply
- Energy Resources
- Flu Outbreak
- Hack Attack
- Haiti Orphanage
- Heart Surgery
- Lightweight Aircraft
- Rescue Robots
- Transportation Congestion
STEM4Parents are parent-ready handouts designed to stimulate STEM conversations at home, help fill ESSA requirements for parental involvement, and encourage research and simple at-home experiments. Designed by Learning Blade, there is a STEM4Parents handout for each of the 12 missions in Learning Blade.
Each STEM4Parents handout includes:
• Table Talk: STEM conversation starters for parents and students to discuss together that focus on common experiences and require no previous preparation,
• Dig Deeper: Career research topics and links to allow families to research STEM careers,
• Home Lab: Home experiments that require only common materials and encourage fundamental STEM practices, and
• Signature Sheets: For parents to return to the teacher indicating completed activities.
There are 12 STEM4Parents resources in the Learning Blade platform that cover STEM topics in energy, manufacturing, logistics, agriculture, biomedicine, construction, aerospace, entrepreneurship, robotics, computer science and more. All of these STEM4Parents and other resources can be used for free in MO, AR, AL, and TN as part of statewide agreements.
Other states can access these sample resources below for FREE, provided through our partnership with Battelle / STEMx.
These lessons are copyright by Thinking Media, but we are providing these for free use during the coronavirus outbreak.